Thursday, February 21, 2008

Response to Sara's "tag"

How long have you been together? We've been married for just over 4 years.
How long did you date? We went on our first date in July 2003, and married January 3, 2004.

How old is he? 28

Who cooks more? Nick makes more meals, but when Kara cooks she goes all out.

Who said "I love you" first? Nick did, and he found the perfect moment to do it.

Who is smarter? We both have areas where we're just a little smarter than the other, but we're two very smart people. When we both took the same class, we both got A's, but I think I got about a tenth of a point higher than he did. Nick is a much better problem solver and is far better at "mechanical smarts."

Who does the laundry? I tend to start it, and then fizzle out before it's done, and Nick is the one who generally wraps it up. Before we moved and I had to go to the laundry mat, I usually did it by myself. That's a laundry mat in St. Louis folks. Ya, I'm pretty tough.

Who does the dishes? Nick does the dishes far more often than I do. He pre-washes the dishes so thoroughly I have a hard time telling the difference before and after the dishwasher has been run.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you consider the right side of the bed the right side as you were to lay in the bed, I sleep on the right or "passenger side" which somehow takes up 2/3 of the bed.

Who pays the bills? Anything that can be payed online, Nick takes care of. If you need to put a stamp on it, I mail it in.

Who's taller? I am, by a couple of inches, but my shoulders are more than a couple inches above his shoulders. Apparently I have no neck.

Who mows the lawn? Some people who work for the management company. I don't know their names. I'm more likely to shovel the sidewalk.

Who is more stubborn? It's a toss up. We're two pretty stubborn people. It of course depends on the issue, but Nick is generally a little more flexible than I am.

Who kissed who first? Nick kissed me during the August meteor shower. I have a great story about that, but he said I'd have to wait until he was dead to tell anyone.

Who asked who out? I asked Nick to see a movie. He couldn't go, so the next week I asked him out to dinner. The following week he took me to a barbecue.

Who proposed? There was never a traditional proposal. It was more like the planning meeting for two merging corporations. "So what do we need to do in order to combine these two lives . . . "

Who is more sensitive? Well, I have more sensitive skin. Does that count?

Who has more friends? Nick, but that's easy to understand since to know Nick is to like Nick. Everybody would want to be his friend.

Who has more siblings? It all depends on how you count. I come from a nuclear family of six kids. Nick has no genetic siblings that he knows of (so who knows how many there actually are), three 1/2 siblings through adoption, and somewhere near a dozen step-siblings. I really can't be expected to keep track of all of this without a flow chart.

3 comments:

The Hammer said...

VERY FUN WEB LOG TO READ KARA. SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!! LOU AND I ARE VERY EXCITED!!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the reply. i hope you and i outlive nick so i can hear the story of the first kiss!

Liz said...

I have always said the same thing about Bob: people who know him, like him. I've always said that I get us in the door with a new friendship (just because I am such a spaz), and people remain our friends because of him.