Monday, February 18, 2008

Domestic Diva in Progress

I made an actual dinner tonight, in keeping with my goal of making an actual dinner or two each week. As a bonus, we had two other couples over for the meal. I made an actual pot roast, and get this, I made it in a pressure cooker. (Thanks Debbie for bringing the pressure cooker into my life.) Along with the roast, we had fresh rolls, mashed potatoes, homemade gravy and salad. Aside from needing salt and pepper at the table, everything turned out pretty well.

I hope Nick liked it because I bought the meat at Sam's Club. I had to buy a lot of it, the smallest package was 7 lbs. So, we'll be having roast a couple more nights this week. He'll have to go without more fresh rolls though.

2 comments:

Liz said...

"In progress" my rear end. Your domestic skills put all of us posers to shame. Will you email me the bread recipe from the friend of your mom's? rosiedaysatmacdotcom.

Anonymous said...

Rosie, I couldn't have said it better myself.