Sunday, November 2, 2008

Starting the Week Off Right

Last week was rough. I was sicker and more miserable than I can remember. I can't recall when I have been knocked down for a straight week by an illness before. Nick was on his night rotation for Labor and Delivery, so I didn't see a lot of him. He may have been home for much of the day, but he was asleep. As a result of illness, I missed class and have fallen far behind, and there's a test on Tuesday.
But now we get a fresh start as we begin a new week. I'm feeling so much better, even if I still have a loud forceful cough. Nick is back on a daytime schedule, so we can return to some sort of routine. I'm going to study A LOT over the next two days to get ready for my test. Things are looking up, and as usual, it all turns out OK in the end.
Thanksgiving is still weeks away, but I'm finding myself counting the days. We're both so excited to see family and play with our dog. We'll fly to Salt Lake on Thanksgiving morning and stay until Sunday. We're there for such a short period of time, we won't be able to visit everyone we would like. Luckily, we'll be back again for Christmas. It's the first Christmas in Utah since 2005, because this year I'm not going to be at the hospital working on major holidays.

5 comments:

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

Well, I won't be able to schedule you for picture hanging on your four-day Thanksgiving Day holiday. We'll have to do it over Christmas. Hope you're feeling better. Love, Toots

anorthowife said...

so it lasts a week?! geez, im on day 4.5 of whatever that nasty bug is and it's killing me to... blerg... im glad youre feeling better!

Sara said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Good luck on your test.

Linette Smith said...

hello from mommy.

Liz said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick. Good luck on your test.