Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chem Lab . . . Again


As I sat here preparing for tomorrow's lab class, I remembered I took pictures of my products from last week. Most of the time, all my hard work results in white flaky powder, no matter what the chemical is. This most recent experiment, involving halogenated organic compounds, resulted in yellow liquids with white precipitate. So exciting! My experiment tomorrow will begin with a liquid that looks like water, but isn't. It will end with a liquid that looks like water, and might be.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linette Smith said...

water from water. . . . . seems logical. i hope you have a good thursday. love, mommy

sarah said...

Sounds pretty exciting.

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

I was always lousy in any kind of lab, so the fact that anything turns out for you, even white powder, is very admirable. Love, Toots

sarah said...

Crankiness abounds this morning. I think the green tomatoes are taunting me. Care to join me at the Ostco of Costco this morning instead?