Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Things About Me

I've been "tagged" by my friend Marcie, chain-letter style. In my own usual way of obstinance and defiance, I'm going to do it, but not exactly by the rules given to me.



I'm changing it from 8 things about me, to 6 things about me. I'm boring enough that 6 should be plenty.



6 Things I Did Yesterday:

1. Blow my nose enough that I'm now out of Kleenex and have a Hitler-like-red-moustache, sore nose.

2. Watched "Wives and Daughters," an excellent miniseries based on the novel by the same name. I finished reading the very long novel a couple of days earlier.

3. Folded laundry.

4. Took an afternoon nap.

5. Bought a small piece of jewelry off of television (under $25)- I last bought jewelry off television six years ago, and I love those earrings.

6. Had my first cup of hot chocolate of the season.



6 Favorite TV Shows:

1. Pushing Daisies

2. 30 Rock

3. Good Eats

4. Watching my nephews laugh at "America's Funniest Home Videos" without having to actually watch it myself.

5. The Amazing Race

6. Did I mention Pushing Daisies? Oh, I did? Then Monk.



6 Things I Look Forward To:

I have to mention that I'm pretty content with the here-and-now, but there are always things on the horizon to look forward to.

1. Visiting our families for Thanksgiving.

2. When Nick comes home.

3. Days with perfect weather.

4. Spring Flowers

5. Getting over this cold/bronchitis

6. The birth of our first child in March.



6 Favorite Restaurants:

1. Any place with good sandwiches

2. The Old Spaghetti Factory

3. Zia's (Their toasted ravioli is the best in St. Louis thus far)

4. Pho Grande, a Thai place here in St. Louis

5. Sawadee, a Thai place on South Temple, be sure to have the Mango rice.

6. Arby's. I love French Dipped Roast beef, with some curly fries.



6 Things on my Wish list:

Here, I also want to mention we're pretty content and feel we've been very blessed materially, but someday when I'm married to an attending (Nick in 6 years) there's a few things I'm going to buy.

1. A reliable car with at least four doors, Air Conditioning, where all of the buttons and doors work how they're supposed to, and made in the same decade in which I take ownership.

2. A Vacuum with a hose.

3. A Headboard.

4. A new pair of Dansko shoes.

5. A Bosch mixer

6. A house, preferably not split level and with a fenced back yard and a doggie door.



6 Quirks of Mine:

1. I graduated from Music school, but never listen to music.

2. I take chemistry classes as a hobby.

3. I like to bake, but not cook.

4. I like unloading the dishwasher far more than loading it.

5. I have a dog, but he lives with my mom in Utah.

6. One word, "Karacaine"



The tagging of my fellow bloggers would then take place here, but instead I'll just invite all interested parties to participate. I know I would like reading them on your blogs, but no pressure.

8 comments:

simplysarah said...

Woot woot! You're gonna be a baby mama!?! A married one, so I'm not sure if the title still works, but I like it. Congratulations!!! That's awesome!

Also, I don't know if I told you I got Lars and the Real Girl a month or so ago - thanks. :)

Sara said...

I love how you snuck that you're pregnant into that post. You're halfway done!

Sorry about the BOC.

Also, sorry about the sickie. That suckies.

Jenn said...

I keep finding more things that we have in common. WEIRD, but totally awesome!!!
Want to go to Arby's for lunch on Thursday or Friday? I have some coupons and they're about to expire.
We can discuss cool things like toasted ravioli, music, and science. LOL!

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

I like Pushing Daisies and Amazing Race, too. We like it when you and Nick come to visit. I have a cold, too--and have gone through boxes of Kleenex. Do you have a vacuum without a hose? I can't carry a tune, but I listen to KBYU FM (classical) radio when I'm driving. I'd rather load than unload, so we'd be a good team. Love, Toots

Steph said...

Congrats Kara and Nick! I must admit that I was suspicious quite a while ago and was just waiting for you to announce it :)

Marcie said...

I don't usually participate in or forward these types of things but I thought, what a great opportunity for friends to learn a little bit about each other and do a little bit of introspection. Thanks for posting this Kara, and hope you feel better soon.

Map Maker said...

When you said that "if you were a Mormon and in St. Louis you were pregnant" I figured it was a hint of some kind. Congratulations!

Jennie said...

Hi Kara. I am so happy for you and Nick to be expecting a baby soon! Being a mom is so rewarding---I still say that even though I haven't slept more than 4 hours at a time since my baby was born, and she is 15 months old! It's all worth it. Best wishes to you both.