Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Headstone Like This

My mother paid us a surprise visit. On Sunday we drove through the two enormous cemeteries north of the city. There were a lot of very large monuments. I'm sure a lot of it is Barre granite, our favorite. I found a headstone that I'd like for my grave someday. I've always wanted either an obelisk or a pyramid, and with an inscription like this, it's perfect. I don't know if I'd need mine to be 30 feet tall though. 20 feet might be tall enough.

Posted by Picasa
So someday, it can be said of me, "Errected by her associates as a tribute to her Genius."

3 comments:

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

Mr. Burroughs died young though. When you do that, you do have associates who can erect a monument to you. If you're 88 when you die, most of your associates have preceded you in death. Love, Toots-

Brian said...

I don't know that I have a favorite type of granite. I've never thought of it.

Liz said...

I must agree with opticwalrus: Who the heck has a favorite kind of granite? I guess someone who has rock hauling in their blood.