Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Update and Run

Nick and I have had a great weekend which included spending a lot of together, watching conference sessions and the BYU football game. Very early Saturday morning I went to the Strides4Kids 5K as the "assistant photographer." Once again, I'm not a photographer, but I can take a lens cap off and depress a shutter button. I borrowed my mom's Digital SLR for this project, because shooting it with my little Lumix would have been near ridiculous.

Taking pictures of things that don't hold still can be a little difficult. And once a runner has passed you, there aren't any do-overs. The event was a success and had good turnout. It was organized by med students and their wives, which I thought was a pretty ambitious project to take on.
I had gone to the half-way point of the race to take pictures, and when I drove to the finish line, an ambulance was pulling away. I was concerned of course, that something had happened to one of the runners. Not so. Someone had a found an unconscious guy in the park. You people in Bountiful don't know what you're missing.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

LOL--the last sentence of your blog. Love, Toots