Monday, October 20, 2008

A fun Surprise: Doug in Saint Louis



I got a call Saturday from my dad and found out he'd be in Saint Louis late that night. What a great surprise! He got to the truck stop late Saturday night, so early Sunday morning Nick and I went across the river to pick him up.
While going to Illinois to pick someone up may sound like an adventure, I think it was less than ten miles each way.


We went back to our apartment, had a delicious breakfast with genuine maple syrup Doug had bought in Vermont. We then went to Stake Conference, and afterwards had a delicious meal at the Saint Louis Smith's. (They're always great hosts, and Patti makes one mean apple pie.)


It was the first time my dad has visited without my mom and it was fun to spend the day with the three of us.


After we got back to his truck, he did his pre-trip inspection and we followed him across the Mississippi, where we took different freeways. You will notice the Arch in the background. I took this from the adjacent lane as we went across the bridge. He was headed for Grand Junction, Colorado with two snow cats on his flatbed.
Thanks for the visit Dad!

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Were all the wheels still on the truck when he got back to it?

Sara said...

Fun!