Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Karma Ran Over Your Dogma

The title is a reference to a bumper sticker.



I was on my way to meet my friend Natalie and her little, cute, two-week-old Baby M. While waiting for the stop light at McCausland and Southwest, I spotted a cute little beagle wandering around unsupervised at the 7-Eleven. I decided I couldn't just leave the dog there because I would just worry the rest of the day if she were safe. I pulled into the 7-Eleven, called the vet's number on her tag and her owner picked her up ten minutes later. It was a pretty easy fix, but I felt as if I had done a good deed today.

I need good dog karma. Caesar is a know bolter- he'll always run away given the opportunity. So in thanks to the multiple people who in the past have called to say "I found your dog," I helped little Ruby the Beagle make it home today. I'm hoping it will help build up good karma for any future running away he will do.

So Ruby and her owner were reunited, and I was soon at lunch with this little gem. (See picture above) So tiny and so sweet. It's true that you can't believe how fast they change.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nick said...

Which part? The tiny or the sweet?

Wendy said...

What a sweetheart. I wish I could say that sounds like something I'd do. But it isn't. I need to change my ways.