Wednesday, January 28, 2009

View From Our Front Door


Click on the picture for a better view.

Saint Louis has been under winter weather warnings for a couple of days now. We've had a considerable bit of snow, at least for our Midwest standards. Most of the schools were closed yesterday and today. Saint Louis University started two hours late due to weather, but that didn't change the fact that Nick had to be at the hospital by 5:00 AM. Caesar came with me to take Nick to school, but had a hard time getting to the car- the snow is higher than his belly. As you can see, the sidewalks aren't shoveled and the street's not plowed. We had a snow shovel before, but I think it walked away during a storm last winter. I'll try and get a new one today if anyone still has any.

I was really disappointed to find out that Nick had two more weeks of his surgical rotation than I thought- meaning he'll be done five weeks from now, not three. Somehow I didn't know that after his next rotation, plastic surgery, there's another two weeks of surgery at the VA. He's really liking his surgery clerkships but they are very demanding. I think this is what his intern year will be like.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linette Smith said...

you really did get a lot of snow. i hope you can find a shovel. i hope caesar is having a good time. we miss him. mommy

Hernan+ said...

We had 3 to 4 feet of snow so far here in Rexburg. Even though they are used to this kind of snow no one here seems to care for shoveling their driveways, and there is not snow remover from the city... at least that I can tell. BYU-I removes the snow around campus.

Caesar wouldn't like Rexburg at all.