Thursday, June 12, 2008

Look at the Countdown!

As I write this entry, there is less than 45 hours on the countdown clock until Nick takes his board examination.  He has been incredibly diligent in his studies for the last month.  He wakes up early in the morning, studies for a bit, reads his scriptures.  Takes a quick break to eat breakfast and shower, after which he immediately returns to studying uninterrupted for about 4 hours.  I call him when lunch is ready and he briefly emerges for another short meal break.  If I haven't called him by about 2:00, he'll come down on his own.  In the late afternoon he takes a 20-30 minute nap and it's back to work.  He pauses again for dinner sometime near 7:00.  I wait downstairs at night until he tells me he's ready to go to bed, which means he's finally given up studying for the day.  Last night, that was just before 11:00.  I can't imagine that I would or could ever be so diligent for something for so long.  I could keep it up a few days, but he's done this for a whole month!  Starting Saturday at 5:00 PM, he'll be a free man  . . . . . for 3 weeks.   I'm looking forward to seeing him a little more often.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Good luck to Nick. I'll include you in my prayers.

Dallas said...

We're looking forward to seeing Nick, too. Would he want to go to Brewvies for a late show Friday night before his test to let off some steam?

sarah said...

Good luck Nick!