Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hurray for Janette!

I get to spend the day with Miss A because Janette is in labor at the hospital right now. We're all very excited. Miss A gets excited about "baby sister" but shows confusion as to whether baby sister is the actual baby, or the doll on the shelf in the bedroom. It could go either way, and perhaps she's excited about both.

Yesterday Janette was pretty miserable, having sporadic contractions and not feeling well in general. But we decided to go get pedicures at the nail place right by her house. Of course, the personnel there barely spoke English, but they gave great foot rubs. While we were out, there was a couple of things Janette needed from the store, so we went straight there from our pedicures.

Which means, we went to the store in the disposable flip flops you leave pedicures wearing. That was pretty humorous in and of itself, seeing it's winter and all. However, in the store my left flip flop broke. I tried to hold it on with my toes, which was also fairly hysterical. The real laughter came when I was limping back to the car. The wind caught my flip flop and took it away. There was nothing we could do. It skidded across the parking lot as we watched powerless to do anything. I was laughing too hard to chase after it, not to mention, I had no left shoe. Janette was also wearing ridiculous footwear and was in the early stages of labor, so I became a litterer.

To make up for sending a piece of foam litter into the world, I'll have to clean up some litter (and there's plenty around.) For my first piece of absolution litter, I'm counting the Gin bottle I threw away that someone left in front of our apartment a few days ago.

1 comment:

sarah said...

You really crack me up. Y'know they say that a foot massage can send someone into labor. Perhaps it encouraged her along.