Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Recipe Club: Cream Cheese

I just returned from our ward recipe club, headed up by Aunt Patti. The theme ingredient this month was cream cheese. I looked through a ton of recipes, but nothing seemed to spark my interest until I read a curried pumpkin soup recipe that gets its creaminess from cream cheese. I made the soup with my friend Christie from the ward. We both thought it sounded great. We both later thought we were wrong.

For me the soup lost its initial appeal when it became brown. Between curry powder and brown sugar, the orange color of pumpkin didn't have a chance of surviving. I didn't care for the aroma either. It was just not tasty to me (or to Christie).

Recipe club is about sharing failures as well as success, so off we went with our soup. The ladies of recipe club seemed to be equally mixed as to whether they loved or hated it. I'm sure for those who love pumpkin and love curry, it's a match made in heaven.
Recipe club did have some other delicious offerings including a creamy Italian chicken and Smores cheesecake.

P.S. Clay Aiken came out of the closet! You can't believe how shocked I wasn't. Also, I can't believe how many posts in a row I've made with no pictures. I'll get on that right away.

4 comments:

Linette Smith said...

i always look at your blog--sometimes several times waiting for a new update. barbara morby is coming by today to borrow our mini cupcake pans--she's has to take something to school at christmas and she wants to try them out. we're going to diane's to lunch today. that is all for now. ls

Sara said...

"How surprised I wasn't." Good one Kara, good one.

sarah said...

I was just as unshocked as you were. Sorry I missed recipe club. Life has been extremely stressful these days. Here's to hoping next week will prove to be much more calm!

Anonymous said...

the girls at work who like curry thought it was great and very rich, those who don't like curry couldn't stand the smell. I thought it was good but probably wouldn't make it as no one here would eat it but me. Oh well!