Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Like a Zoo Here

I went to the Zoo with Sarah and Mr J today. It was perfect weather for a morning in the great outdoors. We spent some time in the Children's Zoo, where J got to pet guinea pigs and Pygmy goats. In the goat pen, he kept running up to the goats, pointing at them, and identifying them as goats. Just in case the goats didn't already know. The goats had a salt lick, and I think it is the first time I've ever seen animals get in a line. One goat licked until he was satisfied, then the goat behind him stepped up to take over in a very orderly fashion. Also, I goat tried to eat my pants.

Later we went to the big cats section where they have a baby leopard and five baby tigers. The tigers were really fun to watch as they wrestled and played. But I still think the coolest animal I saw was a woodchuck, who was too busy grooming himself to be chucking any wood.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

I found the goats at the petting zoo at Hogle Zoo to be very obnoxious. Love, Toots

Brian said...

You seem to spend more time at zoos and botanical gardens, etc. than any other person I know.

Sara said...

Goats scare me, no joke.

Liz said...

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

Wood? Did somebody say wood?