Monday, September 22, 2008

Nick's Birthday Celebration

Nick's birthday is today. It's hard to believe that twenty-nine years have passed since a 6 lb. 14 oz. baby came into the Johnson's life. What's even harder to believe (at least for me) it this is the fifth birthday for Nick we've celebrated together. So tonight we're wildly celebrating, and by that I mean we're out our apartment, doing some homework.

To celebrate, we had his traditional German Chocolate Cake. Only this year I made them as cupcakes so I can send all the leftovers to the hospital with Nick tomorrow. We reminisced about his long and wonderful life so far by thumbing through his book of memories. It was fun to look at pictures of Nick as a little kid. There was a truly unfortunate hairstyle Nick chose to wear for his sophomore year. I couldn't possibly show it to anyone- he just couldn't get over that kind of humiliation.

Also, we watched Heroes. We've been waiting for this season to start since the first season ended. We all pretend like season two never happened. It's better that way.

4 comments:

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

Happy Birthday to Nick! I was thinking his birthday was September 24. I'll try to do better next year. Have a great trip around the sun this next year, Nick. Love, Toots

Linette Smith said...

harry taught me how to put your blog in my tool bar so it will be really easy to look at now. it sounds like you had a rockin' b'day party for nick. over two years in St lou and you haven't been kilt. very good. ls

Sara said...

happy birthday nick. I would love to have one of those cupcakes right now.......

sarah said...

Happy Birthday yesterday to Nick!