Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Laugh So Hard You Cry

About two times a year, I have trouble sleeping badly enough that I actually get out of bed and go do something. I tossed and turned last night, sleeping intermittently. After laying awake for quite some time in the realm of 4:00 AM, I crawled out of bed and went to the computer.

About 20 minutes later, Nick emerged from the bedroom worried by the noises he heard. "Are you okay?" he asked with such concern. That concern quickly turned to annoyance when he realized the noise was not sobbing as he had thought, but an attempt to quietly execute gut busting laughter. I was laughing until I had no air left left, but was compelled to continue without another breath. It was the kind of laughter that leads you to worry about wetting you pants. Of course, at 4:00 AM, it takes less humor to get you to that frenzied laughter than at any other time of day, so of course no one else who reads what I was reading will find themselves in the same state of hysteria.

When I got on the computer in the middle of the night, I was tweaking my Google reader settings. Google reader can recommend things it (in its infinite wisdom) thinks you will like. I followed its suggestion to read Normal Mormon Husbands and that's when the laughter started. In particular, his post summarizing the accuracy of his "Breaking Dawn" satire had me in fits. I am sure that I'm late on the band-wagon of the this blog, but better late than never.
Actually, Sarah Page had sent me one of his posts a while ago, but it never occurred to me to read the rest of the blog. I've totally been missing out.

You won't find it as funny as I did, but hopefully you'll find it entertaining. Nick barely chuckled and that was at 4:00 PM.

1 comment:

Linette Smith said...

can't wait to see you. mommy