Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Overdue Update

At first, I hadn't blogged because nothing was going on. Then, I was too busy with stuff going on to get around to blogging. Then, it had just been too long away from the blog and it was hard to go back to blogging. So, a brief whirlwind update of the goings on in the last couple of weeks. I went to Utah to go to my mom's party. It was a lot of fun, and I saw quite a few relatives and friends that I hadn't seen in a while which was very nice. Sarah Davies came, which legitimately made the party cool. That girl listens to Metallica.

I went to see "Anything Goes" with my Aunt Jo Ellen at the Murray Park Amphitheater. I was in a production of that show about 10 years ago, and it's my favorite of all the shows I've been in. For that reason, I don't think any community theater production will ever measure up (in my mind) to our production. Also, one of the leads couldn't sing well, and another minor character couldn't sing at all, so that brought the production quality down just a little. We had a nice time at the show.

However, just before intermission, Kate started wildly text-messaging me. The gist of which was we had to leave for California at
5:30 AM the next morning. So Liz, Kate, Harry, Lucy, and I all got up well before sunrise and boarded a plane to LAX. We had a lovely time at Disneyland, Club 33, and the next morning, Forest Lawn Cemetery. Forest Lawn houses some of the finest art work in the world and perfect replicas of other masterworks. One of the most spectacular pieces is Da Vinci's "Last Supper" recreated in stained glass. I suspect it's more beautiful than the original. What they need though is a Winged Victory of Samothrace. After Forest Lawn, we went to the airport with the other four flying back to Utah while I flew to Missouri. Kate took all the pictures of this trip, so we'll have to pester her to post them.

This is the hooter hider knock-off I made for Liz Rose, as modeled by our office chair.
Miss A, as Jeanette took me to the airport at 7:00 AM. She likes to get her Elton John on early.
Jewel frosting a delicious buttercream layer on an already delicious lemon cake. Kate made her point at the cake.
I went to a baby shower and they had these adorable, but apparently less than peak deliciousness, cupcakes on a stick. I didn't eat one, so I can't vouch for the taste, but they were about the cutest things I've every seen.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

Way cute fabric on the hooter hider. Those cupcake pops are super cute. I made them too and while cute, not really worth eating. But A+ on presentation!

Sara said...

It was fun to see you. How could you NOT have eaten one of those cuties?

Steph said...

winged victory is my absolute favorite piece of art