Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's a 2 Door

So how ridiculous would it be for three adults and two car-seats to get into the 1992 Honda Accord DX? Answer: Pretty ridiculous, but good thing Heidi's petite. Getting the pumpkin seat in the back was in itself quite an accomplishment. She rode to and from the St. Louis Mills wedged between her newborn and Miss A in her car seat. It was near 100 degrees (though the heat index was 113), and although we wanted to leave the house, we could only leave it to a place with air conditioning. You people in Utah think you're hot, but it IT'S DRY HEAT! It is totally different.

We had a fun time at the Mills. I had my first Orange Julius in years- loved it. The catfish at Cabela's seem to watch me, which totally creeps me out. But oh how I love me some good stuffed animals.

Here Miss A is modeling the knock-off Hooter Hider I made for Heidi (Janette provided the materials.) No joke, that's the trademarked name of this kind of lactation blanket. Anyway, today Heidi left to fly to her new life as a Manhattan Mommy. Nothing gets cooler than that.
New Moms who want a knock-off lactation blanket, leave me a note. Liz Rose, I've already picked out your fabric.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Steph said...

Um, yes. I would like a hooter hider. However, I am not pregnant or nursing. So maybe I will ask you about them when that time comes.

Kara said...

Just keep me posted.

Liz said...

hooray! I have been thinking that these contraptions would be perfect in this humidity. I need the coverage, but george melts under a blanket. You are right about the difference between utah heat & midwest heat.

simplysarah said...

I am not a new mom, nor do I anticipate being one anytime soon...but I was just wondering if I could get on the waiting list now...?