Friday, May 16, 2008

In Salt Lake for Summer

For those who are just catching up on Nick and Kara's life, here's the abbreviated version. Kara quit her job. Nick finished his second year of medical school. Nick and Kara flew to Salt Lake on May 13 and will be staying with Doug and Linette until the beginning of July. Nick is essentially studying all day, every day, until June 14th when he takes his board examination. Kara has some odd projects going on, but has quite a bit of free time, much of which is taken up by playing with Caesar, V, and O.
Just in case some robbers are reading this, our apartment is not vacant. The family members of friends from the ward are staying there while they visit Saint Louis. Proving once again, it is a small world, the ward friends know Jamie Stroud, Dave Stroud's son.
We have such good friends in St. Louis it's going to be hard to be away for so long. We've been here a few days and I'm noticing how much I miss them already. Katie and I are doing some gardening, so I've been calling Janette with my random questions about plants. She gave some great over-the-phone instructions.

1 comment:

sarah said...

St. Louis is missing you. July is much too far away. I guess I'll have to bake something on Wednesday in your honor. Good luck with all those projects!