Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fond Farewell to Nursing

I have completed my penultimate day of nursing. When I started out in Critical Care, I had a sort of list of experiences I wanted to have. Most of those were easy to achieve within the first few months of my career. The last item on my list, being the one to call "clear" and pressing the shock button, had eluded me. Somehow in codes, I always took the less glamorous supportive roles. I'm paging doctors, getting the wife on the phone, calling the blood blank, etc. But today, my list is complete. I called "clear" and pressed the button. Some of the drama is gone since we no longer use paddles to shock, but the button is exciting nonetheless. My list is complete and I can "retire" content that I've done and seen, if not all, then most.

3 comments:

sarah said...

I'd say its been quite a ride. Glad you could fulfill your dream. Can't wait until your extended stay in UT is finished!

Sara said...

when are you arriving in utah? i want to see you.

Nick said...

Woo-Hoo summer break! I'm proud of you and the great job you have done in supporting our family and taking care of your patients. Maybe one day, I'll have a real job too.

I Love You.