Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wedding Revisited

Nick and I have been married for four whole years now, and we're on our fourth DVD player. Last week I rented a video, only to find out that our X-box no longer plays DVDs. Our first DVD player was bought shortly after our wedding, and returned in non-working order a month or two later. #2 was it's replacement, which decided to quite working shortly after our move to Missouri, which is where the X-box came in. We thought, why not apply the $40 we'd spend on a DVD player towards a used X-box that will play DVDs? So, now it is a year later, and we spend $40 on a DVD player. We certainly didn't wear any of them out, since we've watched about 10 movies total in four years. I'm hoping this one lasts a little longer than its predecessors.

As we were setting up the new player, we came across a DVD of our wedding. More accurately, it's thirteen minutes of Sam's footage. Most of the footage focuses on James Murray and his then fiancee (now wife), including an interview with Mrs. Murray and Elma Leta. There was very little coverage of the bride and groom, the decorations, the flowers. Somehow, Sam did manage to zoom in on pretty girls in the room. I don't think he missed his true calling in life by not becoming a film-maker.

The biggest surprise of the video was how much Mitch and Elizabeth have changed. Mitch was so much smaller, and when Liz was 14, she didn't look like she was in her mid-20's. My, how times change.

3 comments:

Dallas said...

We have a great wedding video ala Sam as well! Instead of girls, we have 10 minutes of the crane in front of the temple. We know better now! - This is Shannon and I'm too lazy to log out of Dallas's account into mine

Dallas said...

This IS Dallas. Here's an idea, get a new laptop with a DVD drive. What a concept! Then rip the DVDs to .AVI files using my tutorial at www.utahxboxrepair.com/dvd and you'll never have to use a DVD player again.

Liz said...

I think there is video of our wedding floating around somewhere because I have snapshots of people running video cameras. I've never seen any footage, though. I have a picture of Kate in a snazzy orange and white polka dot ensemble. And a picture of Liz sitting in my lap.