Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Luggage Thief

When I landed in St. Louis, I went to the turnstile to await my three pieces of checked luggage. I checked three pieces simply because I could. (Starting January 29, you will only be allowed to check 2 bags.) The first two I had almost immediately, then I chased down a bag that looked like my bag, but wasn't. Still waiting, but my third bag never came. After a few minutes I called the cell-phone number on the similar bag's luggage tag, but no one answered. My theory was that the owner of the bag in front of me actually had my bag with them.

After I went to the baggage office, they agreed with my theory, made a few phone calls, and actually got a hold of the guy. One problem was every minute I had spent waiting for my bag, he had spent speeding away from the airport. It was going to take him forty minutes to get back with my bag, and Nick and Brigham were outside waiting for me. Southwest said they would deliver my bag, so we went home.

A little while later, I got a call on my phone from the luggage thief. He called (because I had called him) to tell me he was now at the airport. I told him he would have to take it to the luggage office to get his bag. After a couple of other comments he said, "Goodbye . . bitch."

I was just totally blown away, he had taken MY bag, cost us an hour of our time, and then insulted me. I just wish I had rifled through his bag and taken anything worthwhile.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Holy cow . . . I haven't been called that word in a long time . . . that was a surprise ending to your story for sure.

Dallas said...

Do you still have the guy's number on your caller ID?