Monday, August 27, 2007

World's Largest Catsup Bottle


OK, it's not really a Catsup bottle. It's not even really a ketchup bottle (as I prefer to call it.) But this water tower is a prime example of 1950's Americana, at least according to the town hosting this landmark. My parents visited for the weekend and visiting this object d'arte was the highlight. The low points of the visit included the incredible heat with humidity, and helping Nick and me move our stuff over to our new apartment. We also had a great burger at Blueberry Hill, Sunday Dinner with Patti and Stan, and assembled four sets of wire racks. My mom and dad were very good sports about the whole move. I think the catsup bottle was merely the side trip.

2 comments:

Doug said...

It is actually in Illinois but on the way over to see the bottle I found a big Pilot Truck Stop that I could park in if I brought a load to St. Louis on a visit. The humidity was great for wearing 100% nylon clothing and doing physical work to see how soaked you could get and then go to Home Depot or Sam's Club to see if you could gross people out. The nylon wicks away the sweat and drys very fast and cool. A fan on you while you work makes it nice as does knowing that you can go into Nick and Kara's apartment with the temp set @ "meat locker". Google the earthquake in St Louis of 1811 and now you see what else we've got to worry about. That town is going to crumble and burn. Store water, food, and ammo, and be prepared to live on the street for a few days.

Stacy Hunt said...

That's awesome, and I don't even like ketchup or catsup!