Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Viva la France


The Tour de France is not quite half over, and Nick and I have already had so much fun. With Tivo you can watch each stage quite quickly, who makes all 100 miles of the race pretty exciting. I'm still heart-broken over Floyd Landis's doping scandal from last year's tour, but we're getting very excited about some new riders. Keep your eyes out for Michael Rasmussen. He may look like he's starving, but boy can he climb. For the last two years he's won the polka-dot jersey for being the greatest climber. He's holding his baby who's also wearing polka dots. Katie and I of course, really are more interested in the polka dot dresses the presenters wear. They change all the time.

Addendum: Michael Rasmussen, you broke my heart, again. This year has been very bad for the tour and cheaters. Two of my cycling favorites were sent packing in shame, including the leading Rasmussen.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Dallas has put your blog on my desktop. I wish I had spent more time on our Atari computer when you guys were infants, then I would be as smart as Bob Hyde on these things. Instead, I am always telling Dallas the electronic equivalant of "Come wipe me". I took great comfort knowing that you love the Tour and were deriving great satisfaction from knowing what is going on! Love Dad