Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter Support Group

Nick said I need to find a Harry Potter support group. I read the book and cried through the last hundred pages. Not to say it's sad, I just cry easily when it comes to literature. In the past, there have been a few pamphlets that have brought me to tears. I bought Harry Potter on Tuesday, about 4:00 PM. I finished it Wednesday at 9:00 PM. I was slowed down by helping a friend move for a couple hours, and having to go to work for four hours this morning. I really enjoyed it, but now what do I look forward to coming out? A series of unfortunate events is over, now Potter. I may go back and read the "Book of Three" series, which was the first book series that brought me to tears.

3 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

Possible spoiler alert: You misled me! When you told us that you had cried for two hours, I thought for sure I knew how it ended but I was wrong! I too read the book in about a days time. If you saw the state of my house and boys, you'll understand how that was possible!

Liz said...

If you find that HP support group, let me know. I'm interested :)

Stacy Hunt said...

I bought the book at 1:00am (had to wait in a long midnight line), then went to get back on the freeway and my ramp was closed. Plus it was jammed since they were doing a ton of construction, so I couldn't just get on at another exit. I'd never gone home from where I was without the freeway, and when I tried taking the back roads, I got last and spun myself in circles. Finally I took the super long way home and drove to another freeway that I knew would eventually get me home. I read for about 2 hours once I got home, made myself go to bed since I had to work at 3:00pm the next day, read all day except at work, stayed up until 3:00am and then made myself go to bed since I taught sunbeams the next morning, and finally finished it at some point that evening. I loved it! I cried too, but more because the finally Hogwarts scene just makes me so happy! And now I've had to reread the series over and over because I also have nothing else to turn to. I've read other things, like Twilight, but nothing gives me that same Harry Potter kick.