Friday, September 11, 2009

Beautiful Ceramics at Local Art Fair


Fellow med-school-wife Rachel Akin is displaying and selling her beautiful ceramics works tonight, Saturday, and Sunday at the "Art Outside 2009" art festival. Rachel is in booth #32. The festival is at Schlafly Bottleworks, 7260 Southwest Ave, Maplewood MO. There was a lot of fun stuff happening, including food and live music. Henry loved it.

Rachel's work is gorgeous. The top picture is of a two-toned bowl that you could see everyone look at as they walked by. A few months ago Rachel showed the med-wives how this is done, and it is not easy. Having tried (and basically failed) it once makes me even more impressed at her skill.

We've been out of paper clips for a while. I finally remembered to get some today, and I even bought one of Rachel's little bowls to keep them in on the desk. I hope that it's OK to use a work of art as an organizational device.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angelavon said...

Ha! I'm sure she's honored:) I love her work. That bowl is exquisite. I wish I could go see for myself, so I'm glad you posted pics.

Jenn said...

I love the top photo. I didn't even see you take any pics. You must be sneaky. = )
Thanks for coming out to the event. It was so great to see you and Henry. He's so cute!

Linette Smith said...

wow - it is beautiful!