Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Desk is Haunted

We've had the same pair of "Kinyo" computer speakers the entire time we've been married. I've never been really satisfied with the purchase, not that "Kinyo" has built itself a great reputation. They easily are affected by interference. They click if you use your cell phone near the computer. Since we moved, if you turn them all the way down, you can distinctly make out what songs a hip-hop radio station is playing, even though it's really fuzzy. All of these quirks have been tolerable, but with our move bringing us so close to the freeway, there's a new one I can't really live with.
The freeway is directly across the street, and the road surface is about even with our floor on our second story apartment. Several times a day, you can hear CB messages come through our speaker. I'm sure it's truck drivers who are passing by, but at midnight sitting at the computer desk, hearing from nowhere, "I think he's about four miles up," is a little shocking. I don't think I do well with surprises, and these random messages from beyond always catch me off guard.

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Kinyo, "where sound dreams come true"
Kinyo's Web Site"
No mention of any haunted speaker product line.

Liz said...

Spooky . . . and festive!