Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Test Results

I got the results from both my Wednesday exams. I only got 88% on my Chemistry test, which is a tiny bit disappointing. It turns out it was the highest score in my section. I think that says more about the weakness of others than it does about my strengths. My physics test scored a mere 95%, down from 100% on the last one.


I baked a cake for work yesterday. It was well received and highly praised, including by one doctor who is very particular about desserts. So was so thrilled with the cake, I'm tempted to take another one in soon. It was fun to have cake-party in the middle of the day in a place that can be so crazy sometimes. I promised the night shift I'd make them a dessert in the foreseeable future.


This carrot cake was America's Test Kitchen's recipe. The cake was good, but I think I like the Better Homes and Garden's frosting recipe better. Combing those two would be awesome. The cake carrier I used came from D.I. this summer. It's great. You can carry a ten inch cake in it, and has a pretty secure handle. I get excited about some mundane things.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I LOVE the color of the cake plate. And congratulations on both test scores!

Doug said...

I'm glad I was 1200 miles from your carrot cake. I do not like a carrot cake. I would not like it on a lake. I would not like it over there. I would not like it anywhere. Maybe the Blue Owl.

Anonymous said...

If mundane things can make you happy, you will have a happy life. Love, Toots